Several of our clients lately have asked us whether or not it is a good idea to have a blog on their site. Our answer is an emphatic yes! A blog on your website can greatly increase the performance of your site, and it is surprisingly easier to upkeep than you might think.Here are a few advantages of adding a blog to your site:
- Build the Content of Your Site – If there is one thing that search engines love, it’s great text content! Blogging allows your site to fit better into the original purpose of the internet – a hub for information. While building informative articles, the search engines will give you a little extra love.
- Become the Industry Expert – The more knowledge you share online, the more people will come to respect you as the industry expert. If you are an expert, people (and search engines) will trust you, which in turn leads to more customers.
- Gain Links – As your readership grows, people will begin to link back to your site gaining valuable link juice.
- Grow Your Business – Blogs build familiarity and positive branding and if I remember my business school training, the cardinal rule was – people do business with you because they know you, like you and they trust you – blogging accomplishes all three (and they show off your expertise in a subject).
- Build Brand Recognition – If you blog the right way, you should develop a faithful following in no time. One of the great things about blogging is that it creates credibility and a readership of devotees.
- Share Knowledge – Blogging not only allows you to show off your expertise in a field, but you can do so freely. When people get something from you for free, they are much more likely to become a customer.
- Record a Written History – Let’s face it. We are forgetful people. Blogging allows you to journal the chronicles of your business. You can look back and use it as a timeline for specific achievements.
- Create a Personal Voice – If your only contact with customers is in the form of PR, your business can begin to sound like a robot. Blogging allows you to create a personal voice that people feel comfortable with.
- Make More $$$ – Building your site with quality content, more visits, higher domain trust, being viewed as an expert and becoming more personal in the eyes of your readers all lead to one thing – more sales.
If you are interested in setting up a blog on your site, please let us know