Mike Stelzner over at Social Media Examiner has published the 6th Annual Social Media Marketing Industry Report based on a survey of over 2,800 marketers.
It’s a pretty robust report at 50 pages and covers the gamut of social media marketing topics from the most important social platforms for marketing to the most important social content types to the ways marketers will be changing their approach to social media in the future.
Some of the highlights include:
- 92% of marketers say social media is important for their business (up from 86%)
- 58% of marketers say original written content is the most important form of content
- 68% of marketers plan on increasing their use of blogging
- 61% of marketers plan to increase Google+ activities in 2014
- 6% of marketers are podcasting and 21% plan to increase podcasting activity
- Facebook and LinkedIn are the two most important social networks for marketers
- 64% of marketers plan on increasing their use of LinkedIn
There’s a lot to digest and a lot of insights to be gleaned so be sure to get your copy of the report over at Social Media Examiner.